Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surprise

I was asked about the time that I was the most surprised in the dining hall. It was probably my 60th birthday. Unbeknownst to me, my family had approached the program director (Chuckles) about a surprise birthday party. In addition to the cake they provided, Chuck arranged for camp to purchase food and another cake for the corresponding Sunday staff lunch. To maintain the secrecy, Chuck had some sort of story about how I wasn't supposed to cook lunch that day. Something happened....either I forgot, missed the memo, or opted to prepare food regardless (better safe than sorry). When Chuck arrived for the week and saw that I had cooked lunch, he was terribly disappointed. At some point during the meal, I was coaxed out into the main part of the dining hall for celebratory song, and my family walked in through the kitchen. I was completely surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment